Anyone who operates an establishment where liquor is served is required to have a specific type of liability insurance. There are many reasons for this, including lawsuits from those who were injured in crashes with drunk drivers, and damages caused to and or by those who have had too much to drink. When businesses that serve liquor do not have the proper insurance coverage, they often risk huge financial losses. It is actually required by law that if a business serves liquor, they must have the proper type of liability coverage.

Liquor insurance can be a separate type of policy, or in some cases it can be included as a rider in a general liability insurance policy. The language in the policy is varied, and can have several exclusions. For instance, if liquor is illegally served or sold, there will be no insurance coverage if someone is injured as a result. Employees may be excluded from some policies, and there may be limits as to the amount of coverage offered.

Getting liquor insurance is not always as easy as it sounds. For instance, if an establishment has had numerous complaints about intoxicated people, it will be more difficult to get liability coverage. Insurance coverage is often denied to establishments that have been charged with serving alcohol to minors. New establishments may also have trouble getting inexpensive coverage, as they have yet to have reputations in the community. But, businesses that have good records and are respected usually have no trouble getting the coverage they need, at affordable rates.

It is important to keep in mind that there are other instances where liquor insurance is necessary. For example, if someone is hosting an event where liquor is being served, they are legally responsible for guests who become intoxicated. Often, liability coverage is included in the rental contracts at venues where events are hosted. Other venues do not offer this option, and those who are putting on the events are responsible for getting their own liability insurance. This is referred to as a host liquor policy, and is usually meant for one-time usage. Get in touch with for more information.